French Bread Pizza is a great way to have homemade pizza in a snap. This recipe is completely customizable and fun to make with the kids! Serve this for a quick dinner or slice up as a snack or appetizer.
We LOVE pizza! One of our favorite pizza joints is just around the corner, and ordering from a restaurant is a lot more enticing than making our own dough at home. But with this recipe, using a loaf of french bread makes a quick pizza so easily!
The great thing about this recipe is all of the ingredients are technically cooked, so you are just warming them through until the cheese is melty and gooey!
If you want to make a pizza from scratch, here’s a recipe for homemade pizza made from store bought dough.
How to Make French Bread Pizza
- Split a loaf of french bread horizontally. You might need to slice across the loaf again, so they all fit on the baking sheet.
- Smear with sauce. Top with cheese and toppings of your choice.
- Pop in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, and you’re ready to rock!
To serve, cut the loaf to a desired piece of pizza for one person, or slice in smaller pieces and serve as an appetizer to share!
You can also make your own homemade pizza sauce or buy a jar from the store. Marinara will work just fine as well.
What is the best toppings for pizza?
- Goat cheese
- Pickled Red Onions
The sky’s the limit for toppings! You can add leftover roasted veggies, meats and different kinds of cheeses.
If you want more gourmet flavors try swapping the red pizza sauce for pesto or a garlicky white sauce instead.
How do you reheat French bread pizza?
Remove from the refrigerator, and place in a 350F oven until warmed through. You can also heat in a microwave for about a minute or two, but the bread may become soggy in some places and tough around the edges.
What should I serve with pizza?
Caesar salad goes well with any pizza. Pasta salad is great if you are trying to fill up a crowd.
Any fresh, green salad would go well with homemade pizza.
- 1 loaf of french bread, sliced through the middle, horizontally
- 1 cup of pizza sauce*, plus more
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- Goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Slice the loaf of french bread through the middle, horizontally.
- Smear each half with pizza sauce.
- Top with desired toppings.
- Place each half on a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
*Make sure your loaf of french bread is of the wider variety, instead of the super skinny baguettes.
*I recommend having more than 1 cup if you like your pizza extra saucy or for dipping. Make your own sauce or marinara can also be used.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 681mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 14g
The nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate generated by a calculator.