Roasted Asparagus with Garlic is a simple and healthy veggie side. This recipe is elegant, but simple enough for a weeknight meal. Make this in 30 minutes or less!
I love the flavor of roasted vegetables! The crispness of the ends of the asparagus are salty and slightly charred, adding great flavor to a simple side dish. This recipe requires zero blanching, just toss ingredients on a baking sheet and roast!
Is asparagus a Superfood?
Asparagus is so good for you and is rich in vitamins and minerals like A, C, E, K, and B6, as well as folate, iron, copper, calcium, protein, and fiber.
Reasons to Make this Recipe
- Green veggies are rich in vitamins.
- 5 ingredients only, including the asparagus.
- Quick and easy to make. On the table in less than 30 minutes.
- Great finger foods for kiddos learning new foods.
- Great side for any main dish.
How to Make Roasted Asparagus with Garlic
Rinse the asparagus and chop off the woody ends. Usually, the ends are a little purple-y -- we want to keep the green only!
On a foil-lined baking sheet, lay the asparagus out in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
Next, add the garlic and toss the asparagus so all ingredients are well-distributed. You can do this with your hands or a spoon/spatula.
Roast at 425F degrees until the “tree” ends are charred and asparagus is fragrant.
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus spears
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Rinse the asparagus and chop off the woody ends.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, lay the asparagus out in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Next, add the garlic and toss the asparagus so all ingredients are well-distributed.
- Roast at 425F degrees until the “tree” ends are charred and asparagus is fragrant, about 10-15 minutes.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gProtein: 1g