Crispy, cheesy air fryer bagel bites are a quick and easy snack that takes less than 10 minutes to make. Break open the box, pop them in the air fryer, and by the time your kids reach the table, they’ll already be done cooking!
Whether adult or child, I’ve yet to meet a person who doesn’t love bagel bites. Simple air fryer recipes save me a ton of time in my busy household, and this snack sits right up there as one of the easiest. It’s kid-approved, mom-approved, and perfect for hectic schedules!
Why I Love This Recipe
- Quick: There aren’t many other snacks that take less time to make than air fryer bagel bites. Plus, cleanup is a breeze!
- Easy: All you have to do is open a box and pop them in the air fryer. Very little effort is required to learn how to cook bagel bites in the air fryer.
- Healthier: In terms of frozen foods, bagel bites actually contain decent amounts of protein and fiber, meaning more air fryer bagel bites for everyone!
Air fryer bagel bites
I think we can all agree that bagel bites are one of the most convenient, tastiest, and kid-friendly snacks out there. They are perfectly cheesy, chewy, and saucy — what’s not to love?
Air frying bagel bites takes the convenience factor to a new level, plus this handy appliance crisps them up in a flash!
Everyone loves a classic three-cheese bagel bite, but you can easily swap in cheese and pepperoni, cheese, sausage, and pepperoni, or mozzarella cheese flavors. You could even try making your own bagel bites from scratch!
As they say, when life gives you a busy schedule, make air fryer bagel bites.
What is the best way to clean an air fryer?
The biggest gripe I hear about air fryers is that they are difficult to clean. Well, not anymore! Follow these tips to quickly and efficiently clean your air fryer:
- Let the air fryer cool for about 30 minutes before cleaning it, or at least until it’s cool enough to handle.
- Submerge the air fryer insert in warm, soapy water. Avoid washing your air fryer insert in the dishwasher or leaving it submerged in boiling water for a long period of time.
- To reach all the little nooks and crannies of the basket, use a skewer, toothpick, or soft bristle brush.
- For the actual air fryer itself, use a damp kitchen cloth, microfiber cloth, non-abrasive sponge, and dish soap or baking soda to remove caked-on food and grease.
- Use a lemon to cut the grease and get rid of any lingering odors that may be trapped in your air fryer.
- Always avoid metal utensils, steel wool pads, abrasive sponges, or wire brushes with an air fryer. They will cause micro-scratches, ruining the non-stick coating for future uses.
Note: These are general tips, but it’s always best to read your specific air fryer’s instructions for the cleaning recommendations.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Bagel Bites
See the full list of ingredients in the recipe card below.
- Bagel bites: My favorite brand of bagel bites is Ore Ida, but use whichever one is available to you! I just think they have the best texture, flavor, and “crispability.” I went with a three-cheese flavor, but the cooking time is the same for all flavors.
How to Cook Bagel Bites In The Air Fryer
Step 1: Prepare The Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray if needed.
Step 2: Add The Bagel Bites
Decide on the number of bagel bites you’ll need. I used 16, which is about two-thirds of a family-size box. But, adjust this number up or down depending on the size of your air fryer.
The great thing about bagel bites is that there is no need to thaw them! Place the frozen bagel pizza bites directly in a single layer in the preheated air fryer basket. Make sure they aren’t overlapping for optimal crispiness.
Step 3: Air Fry The Bagel Bites
Air fry the bagel bites at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-6 minutes. You should start checking them around minute 4 of cooking since all air fryers cook slightly differently. If they are done to your liking, remove them at this point. If not, continue cooking for another few minutes.
Step 4: Serve
Carefully remove the air fryer bagel bite with a pair of tongs and serve immediately while they are warm, melty, and crispy!
Dips To Serve With Bagel Bites
Now that your bagel bites are hot and crispy, try dipping them in a sauce like Alabama white BBQ sauce, marinara, ranch, or hot sauce. If your kids are picky eaters, serve them with ketchup!
To make your air fryer bagel bites extra fancy, consider topping them with more cheese like aged cheddar, parmesan, or Gouda. If you’d like to add other pizza toppings, try finely diced onions, mushrooms, or peppers. Any of your usual pizza toppings will work here!
Tips For The Best Recipe
- Texture: For a crispier bottom, cook bagel bites in the air fryer at 400 degrees F. If you’d prefer them to be a similar texture as with the microwave, cook them at 340 degrees F. After testing, I found the sweet spot for my liking to be right at 360 degrees F.
- Cook time: Cook time may vary depending on the brand you use. I use the Ninja Foodi air fryer, and it takes 4-6 minutes at 360 degrees F. Test out different times to see what works best for your specific air fryer.
What To Do With Leftovers
If you manage to have leftover air fryer bagel bites, here’s what to do:
- Fridge: Store the bagel bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat: Pop your bagel bites in the air fryer again, and cook them at 350 degrees F for about 2-3 minutes, or until warmed through.
Looking for more easy air fryer snacks and sides? Check out some of my most popular recipes:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I put foil in the air fryer?
Technically you can use foil in the air fryer. However, it’s best to check the user manual of your particular brand. Using aluminum foil can cause the air to poorly circulate, which causes unevenly cooked food. This is why I don’t recommend it.
Do I have to preheat my air fryer?
Although it’s not necessary to preheat your air fryer, most people recommend you do. It’s especially important with thick cuts of meat or frozen foods in order to achieve the crispy texture air fryers are known for.
Can you make bagel bites in the oven?
Yes, you can make bagel bites in the oven, but they’re almost twice as fast and just as crispy when cooked in the air fryer.
Crispy Air Fryer Bagel Bites
- 16 bagel bites
- Turn your air fryer to 360 °F degrees and allow to preheat for about 5 minutes. Spray the inside of the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray if needed.
- Place the frozen bagel pizza bites in a single layer in the preheated air fryer basket.
- Air fry bagel bites at 360 degrees F for 4-6 minutes. Start checking the bagel bites around the 4 minute mark since all air fryers cook differently.
- Carefully remove the air fryer pizza bagels with a pair of tongs and serve.