Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip is a classic party food! So creamy, delicious and easy to put together, you can assemble and bake this crowd-pleaser in less than one hour.
The thing I love about this recipe is that I mix and bake all in one oven-safe dish for easy clean up and preparation. Anyone can throw this together and it will definitely be a hit at a tailgating party, family get together, or to go with a charcuterie platter!
I love artichokes, and I love the flavor these add to the recipe! You could try using marinated artichokes, but I find the ones in brine work perfectly for this recipe.
Ingredients for Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip:
- Mayonnaise – Duke’s is a favorite of mine, but any brand will do.
- Parmesan Cheese – This recipe uses both grated and shredded.
- Artichoke Hearts – Use a can of these drained and chopped.
- Garlic – Prepared, minced garlic will work just fine.
- Spinach – You can use fresh spinach sauteed in olive oil until wilted, or frozen spinach. If you use frozen, make sure it’s defrosted and drained well before using.
A word of warning: The first time I mentioned to someone I was bringing baked artichoke dip with mayonnaise, noses were promptly turned up. Once it is baked, this does not taste anything like mayo. Even the biggest mayo haters won’t taste it.
How to Make Cheesy Baked Artichoke Dip
There is no need to grab a jar of the store bought stuff, you can have this dip all from scratch.
It’s really as simple as mixing up all the ingredients (except the shredded cheese).
Then, baking until the top is golden brown and it’s bubbling around the edges.
The mayo makes this dip so creamy. And the melted Parmesan on top gives the finished version a bit of a bite at the end!
Tip: When baking the mayonnaise and Parmesan will release a little bit of oil, which will rise to the top of the dish. Blot excess oil by dabbing a paper towel on top, if desired.
What chips go with artichoke dip?
I serve this with toasted bread, but here are some other ideas:
- Tortilla chips
- Pita chips
- Corn chips
Can you heat up artichoke dip?
Another great reason to make this is that leftovers heat up easily. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and pop it in for about 20 minutes.
- 1- 14 oz. can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach, sauteed or frozen
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese for topping
- Drain and chop the artichoke hearts and place in a mixing bowl or oven-safe serving bowl.
- To the artichoke hearts, add the mayo, grated Parmesan, and spinach. Mix well.
- Pour ingredient mixture into an oven-safe dish and top with shredded Parmesan.
- Bake at 375F degrees for 30 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the edges are bubbling.
- Serve with bread, veggies, crackers or chips!
Please read the entire post for details, tips, and more!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 8gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 648mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g