Sweet and tender air fryer cinnamon roll bites are ready to eat in just 6 minutes! Made from canned cinnamon rolls, this recipe is simple to make and will quickly become a family favorite for weekend brunches. Just don’t forget the cream cheese frosting for dipping them in!
Whether you prefer cinnamon rolls for breakfast, brunch, or dessert, there’s no denying that making them in the air fryer is by far the quickest and easiest method. Don’t get me wrong, making cinnamon rolls from scratch is something all of us want to do, but sometimes we just don’t have the extra time!
Do yourself a favor and make life easier with this air fryer cinnamon roll bites recipe! You’ll be everyone’s favorite person in the morning when your family wakes up to the sweet, warming smells of cinnamon rolls.
Why I Love This Recipe
- Simple: There’s nothing easier than opening a can, cutting the dough, and popping them in the air fryer.
- Quick: You’ll have breakfast on the table in less than 15 minutes from start to finish. Use this recipe during busy mornings, or make weekend breakfasts extra special by including these bites in a full spread.
- Few ingredients: One can of cinnamon rolls and a 4-ingredient cream cheese frosting is all you need. For how delicious the final result is, there aren’t a lot of moving parts!
Which Cinnamon Rolls Are Best?
The cinnamon roll brand you go for depends entirely on your preferences, budget, and availability. I’ve listed a few brands to help you decide, but any brand should do the trick.
- Pillsbury: For a nostalgic feel and flavor, Pillsbury takes the cake (or should I say the cinnamon roll)! They are not too cinnamon-forward, light in texture, and have the best icing in my opinion. Plus, they are the most widely available brand on the market.
- Immaculate: A great option if you are trying to be more health-conscious. These rolls are made with whole wheat flour and organic ingredients, so you can feel better about indulging in extra air fryer cinnamon roll bites!
- Great Value: If you are on a budget, you can’t go wrong with Great Value! They don’t have quite the same taste as the other options, but the price point is hard to beat.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll Bites
See the full list of ingredients in the recipe card below.
- Cinnamon rolls: For this recipe, I used Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Original Icing, which comes with 8 rolls per can. Although, you can use whichever brand you prefer or is available near you.
- Granulated sugar: Regular granulated sugar is best, but cane sugar will also work!
- Cinnamon: The best flavor comes from Ceylon (true) cinnamon, providing a quintessential cinnamon roll flavor. But, cassia cinnamon can be substituted in a pinch.
- Cream cheese: To make the base of the dipping icing. Make sure it is softened before starting to beat the cream cheese and butter together.
- Butter: Adds a rich flavor and texture to the dip. Regular or unsalted both work. Again, make sure it is softened!
- Powdered sugar: For sweetness and a melt-in-your-mouth icing dip consistency. If you don’t have powdered sugar on hand, blend some granulated sugar and a little cornstarch into a fine powder.
- Milk: You just need a couple of tablespoons to thin the icing. Use regular 2%, whole milk, or non-dairy milk of your choice.
How to Make Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll Bites
Step 1: Prepare The Air Fryer
Cut an 8-inch round of cooking parchment paper, then place it in the bottom of your air fryer basket. This will prevent the rolls from sticking and make cleanup a breeze!
Step 2: Divide the Cinnamon Rolls
Separate the cinnamon roll dough into 8 equal pieces. Cut each roll into 4 equal quarters, then place 16 pieces in the bottom of the air fryer basket. Set the icing that comes in the can aside for now.
Step 3: Air Fry The Cinnamon Roll Bites
Set the air fryer to 325 degrees F, and cook the cinnamon roll bites for 3 minutes. Using tongs, turn the bites over, then cook them for another 2 to 3 minutes.
When they appear golden brown, remove the cinnamon roll bites from the air fryer, and repeat the same process with the remaining 16 pieces.
Step 4: Make The Dip
In the meantime, add the cinnamon and granulated sugar to a large resealable food-storage plastic bag. Close the bag and shake the mixture until it is well combined.
In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and softened butter with an electric mixer on medium speed. When the mixture is smooth, beat in the powdered sugar, reserved icing, and enough milk to make a dip consistency.
Step 5: Assemble
Add the warm bites to the bag of cinnamon sugar, then shake to coat the pieces evenly. Serve your cinnamon roll bites warm with a side of dipping icing.
What To Serve With Cinnamon Roll Bites
For a full breakfast or brunch spread, serve your air fryer cinnamon roll bites with recipes like a breakfast casserole, baked apples, sheet pan pancakes, a hashbrown casserole, or crispy baked bacon.
While I highly recommend the cream cheese dipping icing, you can pair your bites with chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, buttercream, or regular icing.
Tips For The Best Recipe
- Cut into even sizes: For consistent results, make sure to cut each cinnamon roll bite into equivalent portions.
- Shake halfway: Don’t forget to shake or flip the bites halfway so they cook evenly on all sides.
- Don’t forget the dip: The dip is arguably the best part. Don’t skip making it!
What To Do With Leftovers
- Fridge: Once cooled, transfer the cinnamon roll bites to an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. The cream cheese frosting will last for up to a week as long as it’s stored in a clean container.
- Freezer: You can prepare air fryer cinnamon roll bites ahead of time or freeze leftovers. Just make sure they’re cooled, then store them for 1-2 months in a freezer-safe bag or container.
- Reheating: If frozen, thaw the cinnamon rolls in the fridge overnight. Heat them in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes at 325 degrees F, or until warmed all the way through.
For more sweet treats, take a look at some of my most popular recipes right now:
- Chocolate bundt cake
- Chocolate chip banana bread muffins
- Pumpkin snickerdoodles
- Classic Rice Krispie treats
Frequently Asked Questions
Are air fryer cinnamon roll bites gluten-free?
No, air fryer cinnamon roll bites are not gluten-free. Since this recipe is made with Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls, it contains wheat. However, you can use your favorite brand of premade gluten-free cinnamon roll dough.
Best Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll Bites
- 8 count Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Original Icing (8 Count)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Dipping Icing Ingredients
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
Air Fry the Cinnamon Rolls
- Cut an 8-inch round piece of cooking parchment paper. Place in bottom of air fryer basket.
- Separate each cinnamon roll (8 rolls). Then, cut each roll into 4 equal pieces. Place all 16 pieces in the bottom of the air fryer basket. Set icing aside.
- Preheat the air fryer to 325°F. Cook for 3 minutes, turn each piece over, then cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the air fryer. Repeat in batches as needed.
Make the Cinnamon Sugar
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix cinnamon and granulated sugar. Set aside.
Make the Cream Cheese Dipping Icing
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and softened butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Next, beat in powdered sugar, reserved icing, and enough milk for desired dipping consistency.
- Shake warm cinnamon roll pieces in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve these warm with dipping icing.