It’s a turkey-shaped cheese ball! Perfect for fending off hungry guests, this easy Thanksgiving appetizer can be assembled and served in under 5 minutes. This is the perfect thanksgiving day activity to occupy kids or get creative for Friendsgiving.
As Thanksgiving and Christmas are quickly approaching, potluck and party recipes that you can throw together for last-minute holiday gatherings is a must!
This really isn’t even a recipe – but a fun activity the kids can do so they feel they are involved in the big day. Give this activity to the kids to entertain them while you put the finishing touches on Thanksgiving Dinner.
Plus, this would put a festive spin on a plain cheese ball for your next Friendsgiving Party!
Thanksgiving Appetizer Ideas
If you need even more to fill out your Thanksgiving menu, check out these appetizers to ward off hungry Thanksgiving guests:
- Charcuterie board
- Caprese Salad (festive colors and simple to make!)
- Spinach and artichoke dip
- more appetizer recipes
Turkey Shaped Thanksgiving Appetizer
This recipe starts with a simple cheese ball. I recommend a basic option, but you can use a pineapple cheese ball, cheese ball without nuts, ham, turkey…whatever your fancy. You can even pick up a store-bought version from the grocery store.
- Prepared cheese Ball (store bought or homemade)
- Pretzel Sticks
- Ritz Crackers
Easy Cheese Ball Recipe
Here’s where you can cheat: buy a store-bought cheese ball.
If you are running late to your third Friendsgiving of November, then go with store-bought and finish the decorating at home.
OR! If you have some extra time, you can follow this Party Cheese Ball recipe from Kraft.
This recipe is super simple to create and fun to make. The handy tips below and a few minutes in the kitchen will have everyone at the party asking just how you do it!
Steps for a Turkey Shaped Cheese Ball
First, take your cheese ball and scoop out a tiny scoop of cheese from the bottom. Hang on to this because you will be using this scoop of cheese later as “glue” for the eyes and feathers.
Now, flip the cheese ball over and place it on a plate or serving platter.
Take about 8-10 pretzel sticks and poke one in the front of your cheese ball to create a turkey neck, and then poke several pretzel sticks in the back for the Turkey feathers.
Remember our cheesy glue? Glue your candy corn onto the turkey neck pretzel stick using that small scoop of glue.
Then, add the eyes.
Surround the “bird” with crackers and your Turkey Cheese ball is ready for his big debut!
Turkey Cheese Ball Appetizer
- Take your cheese ball and scoop out a tiny scoop of cheese from the bottom. Set aside. Use this scoop of cheese later as “glue” for the eyes and feathers.
- Using pretzel sticks, poke one in the front of your cheese ball to create a turkey neck, and then poke several pretzel sticks in the back to make turkey feathers.
- Using the scoop of cheese as a glue, glue your candy corn onto the turkey neck pretzel stick. Then, add the eyes.
- Place on to a service dish and surround the “bird” with crackers. Serve & Enjoy!