Learn how to reheat pizza in an air fryer. For leftover pizza that tastes just as fresh as the night before, use the air fryer method. No more soggy pizza! All you need is less than 5 minutes to get that perfectly crispy crust and gooey cheese. Once you realize how amazing the air fryer is for reheating leftovers, there is no going back!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to reheat your pizza, an air fryer is a great way to go. Not only does it reheat your pizza quickly and evenly, but it also gives the crust a nice crispy texture. Warm-up any kind of pizza – homemade pizza, thin crust pizza, deep dish, a single slice, or multiple slices. An air fryer will give you the best results every time.
Why reheat pizza in an air fryer?
An air fryer is a faster way to prepare quick meals than using a regular oven. Plus, they are wonderful at reheating leftovers.
- No more soggy pizza! While microwaves can reheat just about anything, they tend to leave you with soggy pizza and a chewy crust. An air fryer circulates hot air throughout the appliance and on all sides of the food for even cooking, crispy crust, and flavors like it was freshly made!
- Get better pizza in less time! It only takes about 5 minutes to reheat a few slices of pizza. Plus, there’s no preheating as with a regular oven.
- Keep your kitchen cool! There’s really no reason to heat up a big oven for one little slice of pizza. Plus, your air fryer can do it better!
Any type of air fryer will work. My personal recommendation is a Ninja Foodi Air Fryer (affiliate link). It’s actually a multi-cooker with pressure cooking, slow cooking, and dehydrating functions…among other things. I LOVE this appliance and use it at least three times per week. It’s an investment that is 100% worth the cost!
What is the Best Way to Reheat Leftover Pizza?
If you’re a fan of pizza, then you know that there’s nothing quite like a slice of fresh pizza. But, when it comes to reheating, there’s a lot of debate about the best method.
There are a few different ways to warming up leftover pizza: skillet, conventional oven, microwave, toaster oven, or air fryer. While all of these ways will get the job done, using an air fryer to reheat leftovers wins by a landslide!
How do you reheat pizza in an air fryer?
If you love pizza but hate the soggy, cold leftovers the next day, then this post is for you. By following these simple steps, you’ll have hot, crispy pizza in no time!
Simply place the leftover pizza slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Turn the air fryer to 380F for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy. Detailed instructions are included in the recipe card below.
Depending on the size and style of your air fryer, you might need to reheat the pizza in batches. Be careful not to overlap the slices or you will have a gooey cheesy mess…unless you decide to eat it with a fork and knife! 😉
This method also applies to just about any other leftovers, too. We use the same process for reheating leftover french fries, mozzarella sticks, boneless chicken wings, etcetera. Use the air fryer to prepare these dishes from “scratch”, too.
Reheating Different Types of Pizza
Of course, the size and thickness of the pizza slices will impact cooking time, so you may need to adjust the temperature and timer accordingly. Whether you are cooking thin crust, thick crust, or deep dish pizza, here are a few tips for using an air fryer to reheat pizza.
- Use aluminum foil or parchment paper for easier clean-up. Place it in the bottom of the air fryer basket and lightly spray with cooking spray so the cheese doesn’t stick or burn.
- Use an air fryer rack instead of the basket. Depending on the style of air fryer oven, you may also have a metal rack that goes inside the pot of the unit. This also works well for reheating leftovers. Follow the same instructions as with the air fryer basket.
- For deep dish or thick crust pizza, you may need to add an additional minute or two to warm it completely through.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Reheat Pizza in the Air Fryer
- 1 Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker (air fryer, pressure cooker, slow cooker combo)
- Leftover pizza slices
- If desired, place a piece of foil or parchment paper in the air fryer basket.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray. Place the leftover pizza slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Turn the air fryer to 380°F for about 5 minutes or until warm and the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.