Easy baked beans will make your next BBQ a hit! Made in the slow cooker, these canned baked beans are jazzed up with extra seasoning. No one will ever know these aren’t homemade.
Every year, we take a trip to visit my family over Father’s Day weekend. I made these easy baked beans to go along with a slow-roasted brisket, and they were a hit! They are the easiest side dish you could ever make… literally toss in the slow cooker, give it a stir and serve warm!
Adding a little of this and that is a great way to dress up canned beans.
Tools Needed to Make this Recipe:
My Crock-Pot is my spirit animal! I practically travel with it. I have this Crock-Pot Express model, and it is the best kitchen appliance in all the land.
They didn’t even have to pay me to say that! 😉 One of my favorite features is that you can brown meat, then switch over to the pressure cook or slow cook function without dirty-ing an extra pot. I’m all for saving dishes!
But if you have a regular slow cooker, that will do just fine, too. You could even make this in a pot on the stove, just keep on simmer and stir regularly.
Another item I highly recommend is a slow cooker liner. I’m not sure you can use these with the Crock-Pot Express model but you can with other slow cookers and Crock-Pots.
These PanSavers are great and on Amazon for pretty cheap. These are multi-purpose cooking bags and can go in the oven and slow-cookers. Anyway, these liners make it so easy to clean-up, especially if you are hosting a get together, you want this part to be extra easy!
- It’s completely hands-free. You just add all of the ingredients in the Crock-Pot, stir and warm.
- It’s inexpensive. If you were to purchase everything, including the seasonings and slow cooker liners, the total cost would be about $10.
- It’s stretchable. You can easily add more beans to this recipe if you are running low, or add ground beef to stretch even more.
- It’s a great way to dress up canned beans. Making baked beans from scratch isn’t in the cards for me. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
How to Make Easy Baked Beans:
I rarely buy brand name items, especially when it comes to canned veggies, but I highly recommend grabbing Bush’s Baked Beans for this recipe. It’s a tried and true brand, and I know it’s gonna be good regardless of what I add to them.
#1. First, I dump the whole can of baked beans into the lined Crock-Pot.
#2. Then, I add the seasonings. Stir. Cover. Cook. Serve…and that’s really all there is to it.
- 1, 55 ounce can of Bush's Original Baked Beans
- 3 teaspoons, chili powder
- 1, quartered onion
- 2 teaspoons, garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons, Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Add all ingredients to a lined slow-cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve hot.
You can stretch this recipe by adding additional cans of beans or by adding browned, ground beef.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 518mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 6gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g