Pulled Pork Nachos are layered with delicious pulled pork, potato chips, crisp onion and cheese! It’s an awesome addition to a game day menu, a quick appetizer or a casual weeknight meal.
My biggest problem with making pulled pork is the amount of leftovers we end up with! We usually freeze our leftover meats to use in other meals such as soups, like my hearty vegetable soup with pulled pork.
BUT THEN! We went to a local restaurant that served the most amazing nachos, and this idea popped into my head!
This recipe is so easy and many of the ingredients can be swapped for other things you already have on hand.
Complete this Recipe:
- Ready to eat in under 30 minutes
- Ingredients are interchangeable - use whatever you have on hand!
- Uses up all the extra leftover pulled pork.
What goes well with nachos?
Just about anything! If you are sticking with a Mexican theme, you can serve them with tacos, chilli...
How do you make nachos?
It’s really the easiest thing ever. Layer of chips, pork, veggies, cheese and done!
Recipe for Pulled Pork Nachos
I actually use potato chips for this recipe. It was inspired by those restaurant nachos I talked about above!
First, remove the pulled pork from the fridge and let it rest for about 30 minutes. This will help the meat to become more pliable and easier to work with. If you are in a time crunch, place a microwave safe container of the meat into the microwave and nuke for about 30 seconds.
Lightly grease a baking sheet lined with heavy-duty foil. Spread the chips out onto the baking sheet in a single layer. It’s ok if they overlap…these nachos get heavy!
Then, layer the pulled pork on top of the chips. Add the purple onion, cheese and any other ingredients you want to use up.
What can I add to nachos?
Here are some other ideas:
- Shredded beef or chicken
- Leftover baked beans
- Black beans
Toss in the oven until the cheese is melted - about 15-20 minutes and serve immediately!
Pulled Pork Nachos Recipe
- Leftover Pulled Pork Beef or Chicken
- Kettle Style Potato Chips
- 1 bunch of green onion roughly chopped
- ½ purple onion roughly diced
- 1 container of crumbled blue cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty foil. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add single layer of potato chips to the baking sheet. It’s ok to overlap.
- Layer with pulled pork, onion and cheese. You can also add any additional vegetables desired.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until warmed through and cheese is melted.